Wayne Parnell, the Delhi Daredevils fast bowler, has been ruled out of the IPL because of a groin injury and will fly to South Africa this week. He sustained the injury during a warm-up and will be assessed by Cricket South Africa’s medical staff on his return.
The blow is another setback to Delhi’s campaign with Parnell, who was bought for $610,000 at the 2010 auction, joining his captain Gautam Gambhir on the injured list. Gambhir suffered a hamstring injury while fielding in the game against Mumbai Indians and did not bat, as Delhi slid to defeat. He missed the next two matches as well, both of which Delhi lost, derailing a campaign that had started with two victories.
There was another injury worry for South Africa with Chennai Super Kings’ Justin Kemp hurting his back during the game against Kings XI Punjab. He left the field after bowling one ball and could not bat at his normal position.
Capture the Conversation tells you what people are saying right now!
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, March 22nd, 2010 and is filed under Cricket, General.
Previous Post: New franchises will make profits – Lalit Modi »
Next Post: Ian Bell and Tim Bresnan earn England narrow lead »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Shahid Afridi named Pakistan captain
- Kane Williamson named in New Zealand Test squad
- PCB under scrutiny for funds mismanagement
- Robin Uthappa’s blitz floors Chennai
- Hughes and Harris secure 1-0 lead
- Tendulkar and bowlers help Mumbai cruise
- Ian Bell and Tim Bresnan earn England narrow lead
- Wayne Parnell joins list of IPL injured
- New franchises will make profits – Lalit Modi
- Habibul Bashar retires from all forms of the game