Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridiâ€™s departure for the United Kingdom to join the Ireland team has been delayed due to visa problems.
Afridi said on Thursday he was scheduled to fly straight from Abu Dhabi to Ireland but the Irish visa officials told him he wouldâ€™ve to get his visa from his home country.
â€œIâ€™ve now sent my passport to Islamabad for the visa and hopefully if I get it by Friday I will join Ireland and play for them in a match on the 30th,â€ he added.
Afridi is signed up to play some ten matches for Ireland and said he was looking forward to the experience of producing the goods for them. â€œItâ€™ll be a good experience before the tour of England from July,â€ he said.
Source: The NewsMore on:Abu Dhabi, Ireland, Islamabad, Pakistan, Shahid Afridi
Technorati Tags: Pakistan, Shahid Afrid, United Kingdom, Ireland, Abu Dhabi, Islamabad
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Saturday, April 29th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: ICC looks to underline importance of Champions Trophy »
Next Post: Pakistan A to play eight matches on Australia tour »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Haddin arrives with 169 as Australia rule
- Thankfully Indian Tour is Still On
- Game Should Be Binding Them
- Miandad stresses need for coaching
- Mohali emerges as alternative venue
- Zimbabwe choke again to gift Sri Lanka whitewash
- Lee floors overawed New Zealand to seal series win
- ICL players believe cricket will bind Indo-Pak together
- India’s Pakistan tour in doubt
- Hussey and Ponting set up Australia control in second Test