Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridiâ€™s departure for the United Kingdom to join the Ireland team has been delayed due to visa problems.
Afridi said on Thursday he was scheduled to fly straight from Abu Dhabi to Ireland but the Irish visa officials told him he wouldâ€™ve to get his visa from his home country.
â€œIâ€™ve now sent my passport to Islamabad for the visa and hopefully if I get it by Friday I will join Ireland and play for them in a match on the 30th,â€ he added.
Afridi is signed up to play some ten matches for Ireland and said he was looking forward to the experience of producing the goods for them. â€œItâ€™ll be a good experience before the tour of England from July,â€ he said.
Source: The NewsMore on:Abu Dhabi, Ireland, Islamabad, Pakistan, Shahid Afridi
Technorati Tags: Pakistan, Shahid Afrid, United Kingdom, Ireland, Abu Dhabi, Islamabad
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Saturday, April 29th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: ICC looks to underline importance of Champions Trophy »
Next Post: Pakistan A to play eight matches on Australia tour »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Afridi keen to open batting in Toronto
- Aim to Shine Ijaz Butt
- Lawson aims to complete two-year term as Pakistan coach
- Ganguly denies controversial comments in Bengali daily
- Sri Lanka made to work for victory
- Asif’s IPL drug case hearing adjourned
- SLC look for $70-million BCCI bailout
- McLaren withdraws from South Africa squad
- Relieved Vettori disappointed with pitch
- Malik and Alam seal thriller for Pakistan