IPL: Indian Premier League 2009

Vaughan expected to announce retirement

(94 views)

michaelHaving lost out on a place in the pre-Ashes squad, Michael Vaughan is expected to announce his retirement from international cricket next week, according to reports in the English media.

In January, Vaughan withdrew from the IPL auction to concentrate on getting back into the Test side in time for the Ashes.

Vaughan, 34, who led England to regain the Ashes in 2005, has made only 159 runs at 19.88 for Yorkshire this season. He hasn’t played international cricket since stepping down from captaincy during the home series against South Africa last year. The last time he scored a century in a competitive match was for Yorkshire in a 50-over game against Surrey in Abu Dhabi this March.

He has also struggled with injuries to his knee which had kept him out of cricket for over a year between November 2005 and May 2007.
Source:Cricket News

20 Total TweetBacks: (Tweet this post)
  • en: http://tinyurl.com/mnnshp - Now You Can Stop Your Break Up, Divorce or Lovers Rejection...Even If Your Situation Seems Hopeless! 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: Our restaurant guide is fully interactive. Add a new restaurant or leave a comment about a great meal you have had. 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: Or that button either, actually. 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: What about Terry Holland, Lefty Driesell, Rick Barnes, Pat Kennedy, Herb Sendek, Al Skinner, or Bobby Cremins? - BusterSports.com 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: how exciting... jazznow and radio bracknell presents Elisa Caleb at the jazz cafe reading on sept.17th..only £5 pre-booked or £6 on the door 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: Wait...do I still have Internet??? Oh noooooooz!!! I better have Internet or else I'm going to go apeshit! Or start using my neighbor's lmao 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • : to @FloodSanDiego to be part of it :) or just pray for us. 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: @princesskitten ill be there...kids or no kids? 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: getting ready or worship........to God be ALL the GLORY!!!!! 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: Picking out fabric with Elena today to get her started on a summer sewing project or two. Also have to finish my own baby shower projects. 07/05/09 02:23pm
  • en: @jasonseibert99 yo yo! do we need to skype on beach logistics/details? Jones' are up for a Sat or Sun meetup - they're in Kiawah those days. 07/03/09 09:58am
  • en: I hate sleeping in jeans. Or any kind of pants really :( 07/03/09 09:58am
  • en: @james_a_michael yeah.. I can't figure out if bluetooth's r gay or convenient.. they kinda bug my ear.. ahh, f em... 07/03/09 09:58am
  • en: We are not talking about some agent provocateur or highly trained assassin. 07/03/09 09:58am
  • en: is it just me or does Julia have an extraordinarily narrow face that I haven't noticed before? #MasterChef 07/03/09 09:58am
  • en: @crabstickz surely you've touched a pen or pencil.... that's stationary too. 07/03/09 09:58am
  • en: @LChadScott Yea, I'm just going to make Sprint give me a new phone. This is my 5th or 6th phone smh 07/03/09 09:58am
  • en: @kahlee haha. Hmmm nodose is good and coffee. Or sugar. 07/03/09 09:58am
  • en: @hadiqazeeshan That happens to me a lot, I just work with what makes people laugh... or I make myself sound angry. Either way... lol 07/03/09 09:58am
  • : or real Mac won thanks to #moonfruit ?? That is the question 07/03/09 09:53am

Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook

Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.

Post Info

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 28th, 2009 and is filed under Cricket, General.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the Comments Feed. You can Leave A Comment, or A Trackback.

Previous Post: Teams aim for improved performance »