India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni could play Indian Premier League for more than a month, but he cannot play three successive One Day Internationals in Asia Cup, what a joke. Perhaps it’s all about the greenbacks.
Indian performance in the ground has remained very questionable, and despite of the fact that they beat weaker teams of Pakistan and Hong Kong, and Bangladesh, their lackluster performance in the fielding department remains a problem. Indian fielders have dropped several chances — including two missed opportunities for Gautam Gambhir against Bangladesh. Also many runs were given away due to the sloppy work on the grass.
But Indian captain thinks that it was due to the hectic schedule of the Asia Cup, and it all happened due to the tiredness of the players.
“Each and every player was tired on the field after playing three games in a short time and perhaps that was the reason that we missed chances,” Dhoni said.
At this professional level, such excuses only expose the weakness and nothing else.
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comments (2) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, June 30th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Aussies Assess Security in Pakistan »
Next Post: Pakistan in need of another bounce-back »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Paine sets up crushing victory
- End meaningless tours - Graeme Smith
- Sangakkara okay with not being favourites
- Partnerships are key for New Zealand - Vettori
- Fielding and bowling must improve - Dhoni
- Outrage in South Africa over ICC awards
- McCullum did not try to refuse contract - Vaughan
- Malik ready for opening role
- Sehwag returns for Irani Cup
- Champions Trophy will prove ODIs belong - Lorgat