Sachin Tendulkar bruised his ankle while batting at the nets today during the Indian team’s preparatory camp in Kolkata ahead of the Bangladesh tour. However, initial reports suggest the injury is not very serious.
Tendulkar fell awkwardly while tackling a bouncer from Sreesanth and an ice pack was applied immediately to his ankle. No MRI scans or X-rays have been recommended at this point and his condition will be monitored for the next 24 hours.
He should have sufficient time to recover, given that he’s been rested for the three one-dayers which precede the Tests. The first Test begins at Chittagong on May 18.
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, May 3rd, 2007 and is filed under Cricket, Cricket Stars.
Previous Post: No immediate no-confidence plans - Indian board »
Next Post: Samuels ditched for England tour »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- South Africa square the series in style
- Shakib and Shahadat leave India reeling
- Pakistan shaky as Australia’s fast men fire
- Yousuf upset over Younis delay
- 66 overseas players in final IPL auction list
- Back injury rules out MS Dhoni
- England on the ropes after South Africa declaration
- Australia extend lead to 277 after Butt ton
- Morkel and Steyn rout England for 180
- Ponting voted Player of the Decade