“Tamim has a small fracture line present in his wrist. However, this is an old injury and during his recent fall, he aggravated this area and the surrounding soft tissue,” physiotherapist Michael Henry told Reuters.
“We are hopeful that he will be fit for the upcoming ICC World Twenty20. However, we need to wait three days to see how well he recovers before confirming his status.”
Tamim said the injury was causing him a lot of pain. “The bad news is that I am not gaining strength in my hand but the good news is I didn’t suffer a new fracture. It is just an aggravation of my old injury,” Tamim said. “If I get back my gripping strength maybe I can still play in the World Cup, otherwise I will not,” he added.
Bangladesh are grouped with Australia and Pakistan in the tournament, which begins in the Caribbean on April 30.
Capture the Conversation tells you what people are saying right now!
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 and is filed under Cricket, General.
Previous Post: Sami, Rehman in Pakistan squad »
Next Post: Sehwag out of World Twenty20 »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Australia consider T20 pace quartet
- Afridi charged up for title defence
- Kyle Mills gearing up for international return
- IPL players’ salaries face taxman’s scrutiny
- Board top brass skips awards night
- Bond wanted to get out of India after blasts
- Bollinger charges Chennai into final
- Battle of the bats in the offing
- Frustrated Oram on track for World Twenty20
- Modi mails take the fight to BCCI