Tahir Khan and Abdur Rehman, two youngester who were included in the team that went to Sri Lanka are coming back without playing a single match. At the time of inclusion in the team, Inzoolmer praised the duo about their brighter prospects and defended the selection of a 17 member team for 3 one dayers as ‘prepration for the world cup’. But the both players have not got a chance to play, especially Tahir Khan, who was earlier praised for his fielding should get a chance considering poor fielding performance from some of the other players.
According to an announcement by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), experienced off-spinner Arshad Khan instead would be joining the team for the two Tests in Colombo and Kandy.
The PCB announced on the on the recommendation of the national selectors and in consultation with the captain and coach, Arshad will be a part of the Pakistan squad for the two-match Test series starting from March 26.More on:Inzoolmer, Pakistan, Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2006, PCB, Tahir Khan
Technorati Tags: Inzoolmer
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: MCC to play first match against Afghanistan »
Next Post: ICC scraps super-sub rule, introduces pitch-monitoring »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Haddin arrives with 169 as Australia rule
- Thankfully Indian Tour is Still On
- Game Should Be Binding Them
- Miandad stresses need for coaching
- Mohali emerges as alternative venue
- Zimbabwe choke again to gift Sri Lanka whitewash
- Lee floors overawed New Zealand to seal series win
- ICL players believe cricket will bind Indo-Pak together
- India’s Pakistan tour in doubt
- Hussey and Ponting set up Australia control in second Test