Tahir Khan and Abdur Rehman, two youngester who were included in the team that went to Sri Lanka are coming back without playing a single match. At the time of inclusion in the team, Inzoolmer praised the duo about their brighter prospects and defended the selection of a 17 member team for 3 one dayers as ‘prepration for the world cup’. But the both players have not got a chance to play, especially Tahir Khan, who was earlier praised for his fielding should get a chance considering poor fielding performance from some of the other players.
According to an announcement by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), experienced off-spinner Arshad Khan instead would be joining the team for the two Tests in Colombo and Kandy.
The PCB announced on the on the recommendation of the national selectors and in consultation with the captain and coach, Arshad will be a part of the Pakistan squad for the two-match Test series starting from March 26.More on:Inzoolmer, Pakistan, Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2006, PCB, Tahir Khan
Technorati Tags: Inzoolmer
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: MCC to play first match against Afghanistan »
Next Post: ICC scraps super-sub rule, introduces pitch-monitoring »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Olympic cricket is inevitable - Ponting
- India warm-up not ideal - Johnson
- Cramped itinerary for New Zealand tour
- Harmison confirms his exile is over
- Wounded South Africa seek a comeback
- Sri Lanka look to revive batting form
- Enver Baig for Another Fight
- I didn’t want captaincy without Woolmer - Younis
- Broad inspires crushing English win
- Rain forces match into reserve day