Andrew Symonds is happy with the way his arm injury is progressing and is delighted the International Cricket Council (ICC) has allowed him to be picked - and perhaps replaced - in Australia’s World Cup squad.
Symonds had surgery for a torn biceps on Sunday and Trefor James, the team doctor, said the next week of his recovery would be crucial.
“I will be doing everything I possibly can to be right in six weeks or so,” Symonds said in the Herald Sun. “We will be realistic about my chances, but at least we’ve got something to work towards. I’m happy with how things are going so far,” he added.
Australia’s selectors were expected to finalise the 15-man squad on Thursday, but it is unlikely to be announced until after the second final against England on Sunday.
The team has been given permission by the ICC to choose Symonds and then replace him if the injury does not heal in time.
Dr James told the paper it was possible Symonds could take part in the World Cup, which starts on March 13 and ends on April 28. “We are seeing how he responds to the surgery over the next week or so,” he said.
“That is really important. Everyone is a bit different in how they come out of surgery. But it certainly is possible he will be available,” he added.
Source:The NewsMore on:Andrew Symonds, Australia, icc, World Cup
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Friday, February 9th, 2007 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: ICC reject racism claim of Hair »
Next Post: Yousuf, tailenders take Pakistan to 245-8 »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Haddin arrives with 169 as Australia rule
- Thankfully Indian Tour is Still On
- Game Should Be Binding Them
- Miandad stresses need for coaching
- Mohali emerges as alternative venue
- Zimbabwe choke again to gift Sri Lanka whitewash
- Lee floors overawed New Zealand to seal series win
- ICL players believe cricket will bind Indo-Pak together
- India’s Pakistan tour in doubt
- Hussey and Ponting set up Australia control in second Test