New South Wales bowler Stuart Clark has been rewarded for his fine performances in the 3-0 Test whitewash of South Africa by being named on Monday as one of Australiaâ€™s 25 contracted players for the next 12 months.
Clark took 20 wickets and the man of the series award during last monthâ€™s triumph and joins Queensland paceman Mitchell Johnson and New South Wales batsman Phil Jaques as first time recipients of a contract from Cricket Australia (CA).
Chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch said he was confident that the squad was ready for more success ahead of their bid to recapture the Ashes later in the year.
â€œWe are very pleased with the balance of the list,â€ he said in a statement. â€œThere are some very experienced players amongst the group along with some younger players who have performed very well at domestic level,â€ he added.
Jason Gillespie, Damien Martyn and Michael Kasprowicz, all discarded after Australia lost the Ashes series to England last year, have been rewarded with fresh deals while Cameron White, Mick Lewis and James Hopes have been cut from the list.
There was also no room for opening batsman Mark Cosgrove and seamer Brett Dorey, who both featured in the 3-0 ODI victory, which Australia completed in Bangladesh on Friday. Contracted players: Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Daniel Cullen, Adam Gilchrist, Jason Gillespie, Brad Haddin, Matthew Hayden, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Michael Hussey, Phil Jaques, Mitchell Johnson, Michael Kasprowicz, Simon Katich, Justin Langer, Brett Lee, Stuart MacGill, Damien Martyn, Glenn McGrath, Ricky Ponting, Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait, Shane Warne and Shane Watson.
Source:The NewsMore on:Australia, New South Wales, South Africa, Stuart Clark
Technorati Tags: South Africa, Australia
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Friday, May 5th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: GCC to again bid for ICC cricket rights »
Next Post: Top associate members to host ICC World League events »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- PCB brings in British expert to fix insurance problem
- Vaas back for Tests, but not ODIs
- Ponting says Australia will still be No. 1 next year
- Speed vigorously opposed ICC inaction on Zimbabwe
- Yuvraj and Ojha recalled
- ECB monitors India airport alerts
- Back Off from PPL Deal
- WI step in for England 2009 Tests
- Foreign Teams Now Reluctant to Go to India
- Tait hit by new injury setback