Sri Lankaâ€™s sensational clean sweep of England in the recently concluded ODI series provided the very first instance of English team being whitewashed in a five-match ODI series. England have previously been cleaned up in five separate series of three matches by 3-0 score-line. It was also Sri Lankaâ€™s third whitewash in a five match series.Â
So far there have been 15 occasions when a side won all the matches of a five (or more) match series. For readerâ€™s interest the accompanying table has the complete details.
** Six match seriesÂ
- In 2000-01 South Africa beat New Zealand by 6-1 score-line in the seven match series held in South Africa.Â
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, July 4th, 2006 and is filed under Cricket.
Previous Post: Openers scoring a century in an ODI »
Next Post: Indiaâ€™s historic win »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Fresh Tait sets sights on Akhtar’s record
- Umpire Benson confirms retirement
- Oram onslaught knocks Bangladesh out
- Pressure mounts on PCB chairman Ijaz Butt
- Under-strength West Indies chase respect
- Tait leads Australia’s great escape
- Extra matches for England’s Ashes tour
- Twenty20 founder warns of overkill
- Test for India to stay on top
- Clarke vows to raise his Twenty20 game