Sri Lanka would be playing England in the first of the two Tests at Lords starting on May 13. It is Sri Lankaâ€™s sixth tour of England and so far they have won just a single match in their opponentâ€™s backyard. The solitary victory came at The Oval in August 1998 - thanks to Sanath Jayasuriya and Aravinda de Silvaâ€™s masterful knocks and then Muralitharan stole the show with 16 wickets to setup a historic triumph.
In 15 Tests so far between the two countries, England enjoys seven wins against four losses while four Tests have been drawn. For readerâ€™s interest the accompanying tables have the complete details.
More on:england, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka in England 2006
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, May 4th, 2006 and is filed under General, Statistics.
Previous Post: West Indies will not be a cakewalk: Dravid »
Next Post: Tendulkar to commence batting drills »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- ICC set to move World Cup Qualifiers
- Disciplinary issues won’t affect Symonds’ selection
- Greg Chappell accepts Australian Academy post
- Smith won’t return until he’s 100% ready
- Walters calls for Symonds to clean up his act
- Tri-series plans still in the air
- Lee set to return for India tour
- Pollock’s role yet to be filled - Smith
- Shoaib Akhtar Pleads with London Authorities
- Marsh guides Australia to easy win