ICL: Indian Cricket League


Sri Lanka board drops Jayasuriya from contract list

  (251 views)

jayasuryaSri Lanka Cricket have virtually shut the door on continuation of Sanath Jayasuriya’s international career by dropping him from the list of contracted players for next year.

Daily Mirror newspaper quoted selection committee sources as saying they “decided to drop veteran all-rounder from a list of players to be contracted for next year”.

The 38-year old master-blaster, who retired last year from Test cricket, has represented Sri Lanka in 110 Tests, 411 One-day Internationals was dropped for the ongoing tour of the West Indies due to poor form.

“Jayasuriya will only be offered tour contracts if he is selected,” selection committee sources said. Only four ‘A’ grade players Mahela Jayawardene, Kumar Sangakkara, Muttiah Muralitharan and Chaminda Vaas have been picked for next year.

Jayasuriya is one of highest paid cricketers in Sri Lanka, currently earning around $100,000 per year. “We will offer player contracts after interim committee approves list. There are a few issues still to be discussed such as amount of money offered for each contract category and composition of players in each category,” SLC CEO Duleep Mendis said.

Source:Cricket News

More on:,


Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.

Post Info

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 13th, 2008 and is filed under General, Cricket.

Tagged with: ,

You can follow any responses to this entry through the Comments Feed. You can Leave A Comment, or A Trackback.



Previous Post: Chanderpaul and Samuels seal series for West Indies »
Next Post: Pakistan set to test bench strength »

Read More

Related Reading:


    Subscribe without commenting


    Leave a Reply

    Note: Any comments are permitted only because the site owner is letting you post, and any comments could be removed for any reason at the absolute discretion of the site owner.