South Africa face a demanding task of three Tests in three weeks after the itinerary for their tour of India was announced.
Graeme Smith’s team will arrive from Bangladesh, where they will play two Tests and three ODIs, on March 18 and play a three-day warm-up match against India A at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai. Three back-to-back Tests then follow in Chennai, Ahmedabad and Kanpur in a 21-day period starting from March 26.
South Africa’s last tour of India was in November 2004 and they went down 1-0 in a two-Test series. However, they should arrive for the latest trip in decent spirits after a home victory over West Indies, while the Bangladesh tour will act as useful preparation.
March 18 Arrival in Mumbai
March 20-22 India A, Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
March 26-30 First Test, Chennai
April 3-7 Second Test, Ahmedabad
April 11-15 Third Test, Kanpur
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Bangladesh, Graeme Smith, India, South Africa, South Africa in India 2008
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comment (1) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, January 24th, 2008 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: The Aussies should be worried I am coming - Sreesanth »
Next Post: Flintoff will test fitness on Lancashire tour »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Afridi keen to open batting in Toronto
- Aim to Shine Ijaz Butt
- Lawson aims to complete two-year term as Pakistan coach
- Ganguly denies controversial comments in Bengali daily
- Sri Lanka made to work for victory
- Asif’s IPL drug case hearing adjourned
- SLC look for $70-million BCCI bailout
- McLaren withdraws from South Africa squad
- Relieved Vettori disappointed with pitch
- Malik and Alam seal thriller for Pakistan