Discussion has broke down in the media and in the cricketing circles as whether it was appropriate or not on the part of Shoaib Akhtar to disclose that some former players of Pakistan had offered him money to under perform in the matches.
The thing is that a life of a player is where very glamorous, it also hinges on a very thin haywire throughout his career, and where he tries to maintain his fitness and form, he also tries to quash the internal politics and intrigues in the team.
Pakistani team has always remained amidst the scandals, because there is no professionalism in the team, and due to lack of educational background of players who become exposed to lots of money early on in their careers, things become ugly later on.
But as no Shoaib Akhtar has told ICC’s Anti-Corruption and Security Unit that Inzamam-ul-Haq and Moin Khan offered him the money, it must not come as a surprise that he didn’t tell it earlier because earlier Inzamam was leading the team with an iron hand, and he played a pivotal role in devastating the team.
So it’s understandable that Shoaib has revealed this ghastly act by Inzi now.More on:ACSU, icc, India, Inzamam ul Haq, Pakistan, Shoaib Akhtar, South Africa
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Friday, April 11th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Younis Khan to play complete ODI series: Salahuddin »
Next Post: Tait has massive desire to come back »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Enver Baig for Another Fight
- I didn’t want captaincy without Woolmer - Younis
- Broad inspires crushing English win
- Rain forces match into reserve day
- Bradman remains unassailable
- Gayle century blasts West Indies to title
- Clarke backs Champions Trophy postponement
- Seamers and Dhoni script 33-run win
- Pressure on Sri Lanka to stay afloat
- Champions Trophy postponed until October 2009