With Shoaib Akhtar uncertain to play with a knee problem, Kolkata Knight Riders face a do-or-die situation to keep alive their fading semi-final hopes as they meet the in-form Rajasthan Royals in an Indian Premier League match here on Tuesday (today).
The Royals, the most inexpensive side in the tournament bought by their franchisee owners for USD 67 millions, have emerged as the surprise package of the meet and are now sitting pretty at the top after sealing a last four slot.
Having triumphed in eight of their 10 outings, the Royals have so far collected a whopping 16 points, to leave behind close challengers Punjab Kings XI (14 from 10) and Chennai (14 from 11).
Knight Riders now occupy the sixth position, with 10 points from 11 games, and need to win each of their three remaining league matches to make a strong bid for the semi- final cut-off. The Sourav Ganguly-led side has played inconsistently in the tournament and the defeat in the last two games has greatly dimmed their chances. Besides, speedster Shoaib�s knee injury also seems to be giving sleepless nights to the team management ahead of the Eden Gardens tie.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders, Shoaib Akhtar
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Oram ton ensures Lord’s draw »
Next Post: Tremlett named for second Test »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- South Africa Disappoints PCB
- Former umpire Col Egar dies at 80
- 2009 Champions League scheduled for September-October
- Ranatunga insists Sri Lanka will tour England
- Arthur concerned over fatigue and Kolpaks
- ICC set to move World Cup Qualifiers
- Disciplinary issues won’t affect Symonds’ selection
- Greg Chappell accepts Australian Academy post
- Smith won’t return until he’s 100% ready
- Walters calls for Symonds to clean up his act