The second day’s play in both the first round matches of the Patron’s Trophy Cricket Championship Quadrangular Stage on Wednesday was also abandoned due to unfit condition of the pitches, here at the United Bank Limited (UBL) Sports Complex Ground No.1 and the NBP Sports Complex.
Habib Bank is playing against Khan Research Laboratories (KRL) while Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited (ZTBL) is pitted against Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) in the first round.
After the sun was seen shining all day, there are chances that play may start on time on the third day of the four-day matches today (Thursday).
Elsewhere in Lahore also, there was no play for the second day running in the four-day final of the Patron’s Trophy Grade-II Championship, between DHA and SSGC, at the LCCA Ground yesterday.
Source:The NewsMore on:Karachi, Patrons Trophy, UBL Sports Complex
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, December 7th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: New Zealand, Sri Lanka in rare Test foray »
Next Post: England, India win in Blind World Cup »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Miandad questions rationale of ICL ban
- Changes in PCB
- PCB officials discuss India’s tour with High Commission
- Qadir appointed Pakistan’s chief selector
- Murali and Mendis rout Zimbabwe
- Southee swings New Zealand into strong position
- It could get dark by 3.30 pm - Pietersen
- India win by 16 runs in fading light
- Katich the key as wickets tumble
- Storm halts South Africa progress