Marlon Samuels has been dropped from the 15-man squad for the four-Test series in England which starts next week.
There are few surprises in the choices, although there is no back-up wicketkeeper or specialist spinner in the side. Ravi Rampaul returns while there is an overdue call-up for allrounder Darren Sammy.
The side leaves the Caribbean on May 8 and plays one three-day warm-up match against Somerset before the Lord’s Test on May 17.
The squad for the three ODIs and two Twenty20 matches which follow the Tests will be named later.
West Indies squad Ramnaresh Sarwan (capt), Dwayne Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Corey Collymore, Fidel Edwards, Daren Ganga, Chris Gayle, Sylvester Joseph, Runako Morton, Daren Powell, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Darren Sammy, Devon Smith, Jerome Taylor.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Chris Gayle, Corey Collymore, Daren Ganga, Daren Powell, Darren Sammy, Denesh Ramdin, Devon Smith, Dwayne Bravo, england, Fidel Edwards, Jerome Taylor, Marlon Samuels, Ravi Rampaul, Runako Morton, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Sylvester Joseph
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, May 3rd, 2007 and is filed under Cricket, Cricket Stars.
Previous Post: Tendulkar in minor injury scare »
Next Post: Aaqib Javed needs time to consider Bangladesh offer »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Miandad questions rationale of ICL ban
- Changes in PCB
- PCB officials discuss India’s tour with High Commission
- Qadir appointed Pakistan’s chief selector
- Murali and Mendis rout Zimbabwe
- Southee swings New Zealand into strong position
- It could get dark by 3.30 pm - Pietersen
- India win by 16 runs in fading light
- Katich the key as wickets tumble
- Storm halts South Africa progress