Uncapped left-arm medium bowler Sajidul Islam has been called up to replace the injured Syed Rasel, who has been ruled out of Bangladesh’s tour of New Zealand.
Rasel dislocated his left collar bone while fielding in a tour game against Northern Districts. The Bangladeshis lost the match by seven wickets.
Sajidul, who made his first-class debut in 2005, has taken 73 wickets at 25.61 a piece. In this season he has picked up 36 wickets at 19.63 from eight games.
Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons told commercial radio that Rasel would be seen by several specialists in New Zealand before deciding whether he would have surgery locally or return home for treatment.
Bangladesh play three one-dayers and two Tests against New Zealand between December 26 and January 16.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Bangladesh, Bangladesh in New Zealand 2007, Jamie Siddons, New Zealand, Sajidul Islam, Syed Rasel
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, December 18th, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Bracewell tied in knots over missing Gilchrist »
Next Post: Ganga handed warm-up chance »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Zimbabwe board investigates Taibu row
- Vettori expects nothing less than victory
- Yuvraj and Jaffer shine in draw
- Either Krejza or White will debut - Ponting
- Michael Vaughan takes up media role
- Hong Kong beat Italy in clash of favourites
- Sri Lanka eye tournament as preparation for World Twenty20
- Ashes more important than Stanford - Harmison
- Cameron White named as McGain’s replacement
- Mushtaq for ICL-IPL playoff