It started off slowly around 12:45pm local, and refused to go away. From a few drops to a relentless patter, a seasonal Colombo drizzle forced the fourth one-day international between Sri Lanka and India at the Premadasa into the reserve day.
The covers were well in place by 1pm and remained there as play was eventually called off just before 6. Heavy puddles gathered on the plastic tarps and with the drainage system at the Premadasa not reputed, officials were forced to use the reserve day. The Indian team left for their hotel early but the Sri Lankans remained until it became evident that no cricket was happening.
The match will be played on Wednesday as a day-night match beginning at 2.30pm local.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Colombo, India, Premadasa, Sri Lanka
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, August 27th, 2008 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Bradman remains unassailable »
Next Post: Broad inspires crushing English win »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Selection-meeting leaks disgusting - Dhoni
- Uncapped Tsotsobe in Test squad for Australia
- Sidebottom waits on scan results
- Helpless Zimbabwe crushed once more
- Steyn five-for inspires crushing SA win
- Conducive Efforts in PCB
- Miandad questions rationale of ICL ban
- Changes in PCB
- PCB officials discuss India’s tour with High Commission