During the World Cup Super Eights battle between the Ashes rivals, English middle-order batsman Kevin Pietersen and Australian captain Ricky Ponting were engaged in a war of words.
Pietersen’s first verbal duel was with the Australia captain Ricky Ponting after maverick England batsman, who struck a rather sedate ton in the match, continued with his tactic of charging McGrath.
Pietersen came dancing down the track to slap McGrath to mid-wicket boundary and again charged down attempting a pull in 12th over.
Pietersen’s audacious shots irked Ponting and soon the pair was spotted arguing mid-pitch and continued even when batsman stood waiting for next over to begin at non-striker’s end, The Australian newspaper reported.
Ponting was further exasperated when he grassed a difficult one-handed chance at mid-wicket off Pietersen when the batsman had just reached 50.
Source:The NewsMore on:Australia, england, McGrath, Pietersen, ponting, Super Eights, World Cup
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, April 11th, 2007 and is filed under Cricket, Cricket Stars, World Cup.
Previous Post: World Cup: England vs Australia Match Review »
Next Post: Johnston upbeat ahead of Australia clash »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- 2008 honda civic
- Bangladesh eye chance to make history
- ICC set to confirm Champions Trophy dates
- Morris concerned over IPL dominance
- Jayasuriya, Mendis and Shoaib Akhtar hand Sri Lanka T20 title
- Solid India hold on for draw
- Just what is it with the West Indies Cricket Board?
- Zimbabwe win bowl-out after tie
- India fightback slows Australia’s victory bid
- Record-breaking O’Brien leaves Kenya floundering