Ricky Ponting gave his team a “kick in the backside” during a team meeting after the six-wicket loss in the first final and asked the players to pinpoint areas to improve for Tuesday’s sudden-death encounter at the Gabba.
Ponting expected the side to lift after their loss against Sri Lanka on Friday, but the batting was poor again as they struggled to 239 here at the SCG on Sunday. While Sachin Tendulkar was basking in his match-winning 117, Ponting was delivering a dressing-room lecture. “It was a bit of a kick in the backside,” he said. “It wasn’t all nice stuff.
“I thought we were a bit off the pace down there in Melbourne. I thought that was because we were excited and looking ahead to this game. I let them know you can’t switch things on and off.”
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Australia, CB Series, India, Ricky Ponting, Sachin Tendulkar
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, March 3rd, 2008 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Ambrose ready for the limelight »
Next Post: Shoaib Akhtar may face more trouble »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Rajasthan players to stay on in India
- Magical Mishra bowls Delhi to victory
- McCullum bravado takes sheen off England’s day
- Shoaib Akhtar’s 36 Syringes
- Championship under threat from Twenty20 explosion
- Bangalore’s match in Jaipur to go ahead as scheduled
- Sizzling Jayasuriya pounds Chennai
- BCCI bans Harbhajan for five ODIs
- Angry Danish Kaneria
- Rajasthan stars consider going home after bomb blasts