A national team conditioning camp getting underway in Abbottabad from next week to help the players shape up for this September’s Champions Trophy.
Pakistan Cricket Board has setup the camp in the hill station of Abbottabad to not to inflict much fatigue and misery upon the players, but the senior and even the junior players are not much happy about the venue, and they were preferring either Lahore or Karachi, because most players belonged to these cities, and they wanted to be near to their families and friends, and more importantly near to their businesses.
The Pakistani skipper Shoaib Malik was of the opinion that the training camp should be held in Gaddafi Stadium Lahore under the floodlights, as it would not drain the players and save them from the heat of the day, and it would also provide them close proximity to their families.
These players are not finding any attraction in the abbottabad.More on:Abbottabad, Gaddafi Stadium, Pakistan, Pakistan Cricket Board, Shoaib Malik
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Saturday, July 19th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Shoaib Malik SommerSaults »
Next Post: ICC Mulls Over Champions Trophy Venue »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- No-nonsense Taskmaster of PCB
- Ponting century sets up Australia
- Bangladesh maul sorry New Zealand
- Bangladesh aim for another upset
- Stanford match to go ahead as scheduled
- West Indies Gives a Shocker
- Reuters suspends coverage of Australia tour
- Sri Lanka told to release IPL players from England
- PCB Tremors
- Balanced bowling gives India the edge