Before Asia Cup, Pakistan Cricket Board is planning to do a surprise dope test of all the players. According to the media sources, these preps are being made for the controversial Shoaib Akhtar, who is all set to be exonerated from the five year ban slapped by the PCB disciplinary committee, headed by Munir Hafeez.
The appellate tribunal has been instructed by the government to lift the five year ban from the pacer, and so Shoaib Akhtar is all set to play the Asia Cup. But as he was found numerous syringes carrying with to India to play for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the ongoing Indian Premier League, the Pakistan Cricket Board is worried about him, and they don’t want to have any more embarrassment from the pacer.
PCB is quite serious in its doping and they have taken a cue from the IPL. PCB chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi had also said that, “the IPL’s decision of conducting dope tests is a right one and it will help to check the menace of doping”. Both Shafqat Naghmi and chairman PCB Dr. Nasim Ashraf would love to grind Shoaib Akhtar.More on:IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders, Munir Hafeez, Nasim Ashraf, PCB, Shoaib Akhtar
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Shoaib Akhtar in search of Glory »
Next Post: Gough to retire at end of season »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Michael Vaughan takes up media role
- Hong Kong beat Italy in clash of favourites
- Sri Lanka eye tournament as preparation for World Twenty20
- Ashes more important than Stanford - Harmison
- Cameron White named as McGain’s replacement
- Mushtaq for ICL-IPL playoff
- Kirsten pleased with pre-series camp
- Injured McGain to fly home from India
- Court to rule if Stanford game can proceed
- Forced retirement talk only in the media - Kumble