An official source in the board said that since the fact–finding committee of the board compiled its report, their had been no contact at all with Zulqarnain.
“The last time he spoke to the board was when the committee was preparing its report, since then he has made no effort to contact us,” the source said.
The wicketkeeper has been given temporary permit to remain in London while his application is being reviewed.
On Wednesday Zulqarnain claimed that he had run out of cash and was waiting for the board to clear 16000 pounds due to him for representing the national team, and his contract retainers.
“I have not received any money from the board and now, I am facing financial problems as I have stayed here and survived with the money I had brought from Dubai,” he said.
The source said that as far as the board was concerned, it was waiting to see what happened to Zulqarnain’s asylum application.
“We can’t do anything until he returns to Pakistan, then we will decide if we have to take any disciplinary action against him.”
“We are not doing anything because we don’t want to make things difficult for him in London while his application is being considered,” the source said.
He said obviously no payment could be made to Zulqarnain until his case was cleared.
However, another source in the board noted that in an interview to Sky Sports, Zulqarnain talked about his family joining him in London.
“If his wife and children are going to join him then obviously he is able to support them.”