A chameleon would not change his colour so rapidly, as our openers are changed. Like the skin colors of chameleon, the options for openers are also limited. Like so many other cycles in our country, this is yet another vicious cycle, which consists of Mohammad Hafeez, Imran Farhat, Imran Nazir, Taufeeq Omer, Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik. Like the skin of chamaeleon, they all are replaceable, inconsistent, unreliable, garish, superficial and disgusting.
Unless and until this recurring ominous cycle stops, opening quandary of Pakistan Cricket team cannot be rectified. Time and again, these skin-colors of cricket team have proved their shallow-ness and lack-of-purpose. Theirs bats, bandannas, pads, gloves and helmets are screaming their failures monotonously. They were, are and will be failures.
This is the high time for zen and reflection. World cup is a lost cause. Forget it. Prepare for the next one. Fresh blood and dynamic approach is needed. Lets start from the opening. There should be a national campaign for finding the new openers, batsmen, bowlers, wicket-keepers and all rounders.More on:Imran Farhat, Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Pakistan, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Taufeeq Omar
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Sunday, February 18th, 2007 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: ODI performance in South Africa dampens World Cup expectations »
Next Post: Most fifties in an ODI innings »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Disciplinary issues won’t affect Symonds’ selection
- Greg Chappell accepts Australian Academy post
- Smith won’t return until he’s 100% ready
- Walters calls for Symonds to clean up his act
- Tri-series plans still in the air
- Lee set to return for India tour
- Pollock’s role yet to be filled - Smith
- Shoaib Akhtar Pleads with London Authorities
- Marsh guides Australia to easy win
- 4-0 to England after Cardiff washout