Pakistan’s new fitness trainer said on Thursday he expected the nation’s cricketers to reach peak physical condition before their tour of arch rival India in November.
David Dwyer, known for his stints in rugby with Australian teams, has been hired on the recommendation of Pakistan’s new coach Geoff Lawson.
“The current fitness level is okay and I have been watching enough to know that I can see what their levels probably are, and the target is to reach the top level before the important series against India,” Dwyer told reporters.
Fitness has been a big concern for Pakistan’s cricketers in the past with injuries to several players affecting team performance.
Dwyer hoped such problems could be overcome. He said he would adopt tough rugby-style fitness coaching that includes carrying other players around on their shoulders.
“The idea of having a rugby coach is not new in cricket, things are quite the same but they are put in a different way so that these guys get something new which they have not done before,” he said.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Australia, David Dwyer, Geoff Lawson, Pakistan, Rugby
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Saturday, August 25th, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Shoaib Akhtar refuses 120 million rupees ICL offer! »
Next Post: India edge home in humdinger »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- PCB to offer incentives to get Yousuf back
- Senators take notice of PCB top brass absence
- Spinners made the difference, say Dravid and Collingwood
- Herschelle Gibbs century leads South Africa to eight-wicket win
- ICL Crisis
- Younis Khan finally signs players central contract
- You don’t need a professor at this level
- Warne faces title blow
- ICL fails to bring Kaneria on board
- No one favourite for Twenty20 World Cup, says Lawson