Coach Greg Chappell has described the performance of young pace bowlers in Indiaâ€™s Test series win in the Caribbean as outstanding and said the team now had bowlers to win under any condition.
â€œWe have won with three young fast bowlers and itâ€™s a credit. Along with Irfan Pathan, we have got four fast bowlers of variety which would help us play under any condition, inside or outside India. I think we are better equipped than ever before,â€ Chappell said.
He, however, made a plea not to overreact to series triumph, saying, â€œI have been in cricket for long to know that you canâ€™t overreact to anything. Good or bad. We shouldnâ€™t get carried away. We have lot of work to do before we become a very good Test team.â€
He said it took time to build a strong Test team and people should not expect miracles overnight. â€œEngland beat Australia in the Ashes last year and it took them five years to build that team. I donâ€™t know why there is expectation we can do it in 60 minutes. Playing good Test cricket takes 20 to 30 Tests before a player really understands what Test cricket is all about,â€ Chappell added.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, July 5th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Dravid, Kumble top series averages »
Next Post: Sri Lanka post highest ODI total to demolish Holland »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- John Buchanen for Shoaib Akhtar
- Harbhajan and Sreesanth will get along - Kirsten
- Lorgat says Tests must stay No. 1
- Rajasthan players to stay on in India
- Magical Mishra bowls Delhi to victory
- McCullum bravado takes sheen off England’s day
- Shoaib Akhtar’s 36 Syringes
- Championship under threat from Twenty20 explosion
- Bangalore’s match in Jaipur to go ahead as scheduled
- Sizzling Jayasuriya pounds Chennai