Sanath Jayasuriya and Upal Tharangaâ€™s breathtaking centuries in the fifth and final ODI against England at Headingley provided only the 16th instance of both openers scoring a century in ODIs. It was also the second such instance for Sri Lanka.Â
Interestingly, it is only the third instance both openers being left-handed. For readerâ€™s interest the accompanying table has the complete details.
More on:Sanath Jayasuriya, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka in England 2006, Upul Tharanga
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, July 4th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Tendulkar to play Pak quake relief match »
Next Post: Sri Lanka whitewash England for the first time »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- John Buchanen for Shoaib Akhtar
- Harbhajan and Sreesanth will get along - Kirsten
- Lorgat says Tests must stay No. 1
- Rajasthan players to stay on in India
- Magical Mishra bowls Delhi to victory
- McCullum bravado takes sheen off England’s day
- Shoaib Akhtar’s 36 Syringes
- Championship under threat from Twenty20 explosion
- Bangalore’s match in Jaipur to go ahead as scheduled
- Sizzling Jayasuriya pounds Chennai