Sri Lanka thrashed New Zealand by 189 runs in the fourth match of the ODI series at Eden Park, Auckland. It was New Zealand’s biggest loss in terms of runs in their ODI history. The previous worst loss was against India by 174 runs at Hyderabad in November 1999. For readers interest the accompanying table lists New Zealand’s defeats by 100 runs by or more in ODI’s.
More on:New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2006
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Friday, January 12th, 2007 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Top performers in 2006 »
Next Post: Door open for Ganguly return in World Cup season »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- John Buchanen for Shoaib Akhtar
- Harbhajan and Sreesanth will get along - Kirsten
- Lorgat says Tests must stay No. 1
- Rajasthan players to stay on in India
- Magical Mishra bowls Delhi to victory
- McCullum bravado takes sheen off England’s day
- Shoaib Akhtar’s 36 Syringes
- Championship under threat from Twenty20 explosion
- Bangalore’s match in Jaipur to go ahead as scheduled
- Sizzling Jayasuriya pounds Chennai