Asif Ali Zardari, who has now become the new patern-in-chief of the Pakistan Cricket Board has also got a new challenge in the face of the orphan yet very rich Pakistan Cricket Board. The richness of the PCB should have some very good attractions for the new president, but than that’s another story.
It is learned that the new head of the PCB, the co-chairman of Pakistan People’s Party is thinking about giving the chairman-ship of the affluent PCB to his one friend from NWFP to appease some angry factions and to gain some short time political advantages. The said man who is also the member of parliament hasn’t got a minute in his life spent on cricket, and doesn’t know a think about him. He is sure to ruin whatever left of the cricket in the country.
It is also reported that the chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi, who is right now the acting chairman of the PCB is protesting at various level, but he has been told to shutup as it could endanger his own lucrative post. That’s a very sorry state of affairs and the former cricketers and the game loving people of country should raise their voices against this high-handedness.More on:Asif Ali Zardari, NWFP, Pakistan Cricket Board, PCB, Shafqat Naghmi
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, September 8th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Australia not settled for India - Hussey »
Next Post: ICC Awards nominations unveiled »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- BCB receives retirement letters from six players
- Australia wary after New Delhi terrorist attacks
- Pakistan invite West Indies for Tests in November
- Siddle sidles into Test reckoning
- McGain is our best spinner - Warne
- Champions League rights sell for $900 million
- I should have left England earlier - Smith
- Hayden and Ponting show improvements
- England name 15 for Stanford’s millions
- India reject Champions Trophy in October 2009