Muttiah Muralitharan became only the second bowler in Test annals to take 90 or more wickets in a calendar year when he took six wickets in the second innings of the Wellington Test. He took 90 wickets in just 11 matches in 2006. Shane Warne still tops the list with 96 wickets in 15 matches in 2005. The accompanying table has the complete details.
More on:Muttiah Muralitharan, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2006
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Most runs in the second Test of the career »
Next Post: Warne steals the show in Melbourne »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Olympic cricket is inevitable - Ponting
- India warm-up not ideal - Johnson
- Cramped itinerary for New Zealand tour
- Harmison confirms his exile is over
- Wounded South Africa seek a comeback
- Sri Lanka look to revive batting form
- Enver Baig for Another Fight
- I didn’t want captaincy without Woolmer - Younis
- Broad inspires crushing English win
- Rain forces match into reserve day