Chris Gayle’s marvellous run in the Champions Trophy took his series aggregate to 474 off eight innings. This is now the fourth highest run-aggregate for any batsman in ODI tournament consisting four or more teams. Only Sachin Tendulkar, twice, and Mark Waugh have accumulated more runs in a tournament than Gayle. It was also the seventh highest by a left handed batsman in any series or tournament. For reader’s interest the accompanying tables have the complete details.
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Sunday, November 12th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Wicket of Lara very special, says Gul »
Next Post: Pakistan want to host more 2011 WC matches »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Sreesanth included in India’s limited-overs squads
- Alviro Petersen, Ryan McLaren and Friedel de Wet called up
- Garner urges Windies rebranding
- Pakistan under pressure in special rivalry
- Dilshan and Mathews lift Sri Lanka
- Injured Bond out of Test series
- India go for first rank, SL for first win in India
- Steyn doubtful for final one-dayer
- Hosts could enjoy home advantage in knockout games
- Pietersen form not a worry - Flower