While Mohammad Yousuf ran away with the record of most centuries by any batsman in a calendar year, it is now Australia’s Ricky Ponting who is right after the record and needs just two more in four possible innings to equal that. His 142 at Adelaide was seventh in 2006 and interestingly all were registered while leading Australia. Ponting surpassed his own world record of most centuries by a captain in a calendar year. Ponting has smashed six in 2005. For reader’s interest the accompanying table has the complete details.
More on:Australia, Mohammad Yousuf, Pakistan, Ricky Ponting
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, December 7th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: ICC chief attacks PCB on anti-doping regulations »
Next Post: Yousuf steals the show »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Ease Tension Through Cricket
- Watson could return against South Africa
- South Africa regain second place
- Chennai and Mohali to host Tests
- 2011 World Cup of Cricket Moved From India
- Haddin arrives with 169 as Australia rule
- Thankfully Indian Tour is Still On
- Game Should Be Binding Them
- Miandad stresses need for coaching
- Mohali emerges as alternative venue