Director General of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Javed Miandad, will shortly visit China as Pakistan’s Cricket Ambassador to that country.
This was decided recently in a meeting held as a follow-up to the President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari’s visit to China, said a Ministry of Sports spokesman while announcing the scheduled trip of former cricket star Javed Miandad to China.
The President had observed during the meeting, which he himself chaired, that “we need to support China in the development of cricket.
“We can send a Cricket Ambassador to China”. It may be recalled that Pakistan had also helped China develop the game of hockey.
The Chinese finished with a silver medal in men’s hockey at the 2006 Asian Games at Doha (Qatar), beating Pakistan in the semifinal.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Sunday, December 7th, 2008 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Michael Clarke rakes in the big money »
Next Post: Moores doubtful over Flintoff and Harmison »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- England players keen to play in India
- Sarwan century rounds off draw
- We’re taking Bangladesh tour very seriously - Jayawardene
- Test cricket is in trouble - Gillespie
- Franklin included in new-look Test squad
- Our best chance to win in Australia - Smith
- Bookies running amok in ICL, IPL not sacred either
- Moores doubtful over Flintoff and Harmison
- Miandad for China as Cricket Ambassador
- Michael Clarke rakes in the big money