Farveez Maharoof, the Sri Lanka allrounder, has injured his left ankle and will miss the three home Tests against England next month.
“Farveez had a scan yesterday and he’s got stress fracture in his ankle,” Jayawardene said. “He’ll be definitely out of the England Test series.
“He’ll be out for at least four to five weeks, it could be a bit more than that depending on how he will feel especially because he is a fast bowler and he needs to put his weight on that ankle.”
Maharoof missed the second day’s play in Hobart due to the injury and has gone wicketless so far in the two Tests against Australia.
But he took eight wickets in the two tour games ahead of the Tests. In the three one-dayers he played against England in October, Maharoof took 10 wickets at 9.50.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:England in Sri Lanka 2007, Farveez Maharoof, Mahela Jayawardene, Sri Lanka
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Sunday, November 18th, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Panesar our No. 1 Test spinner - Moores »
Next Post: Malik and Tanvir earn Pakistan consolation win »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Olympic cricket is inevitable - Ponting
- India warm-up not ideal - Johnson
- Cramped itinerary for New Zealand tour
- Harmison confirms his exile is over
- Wounded South Africa seek a comeback
- Sri Lanka look to revive batting form
- Enver Baig for Another Fight
- I didn’t want captaincy without Woolmer - Younis
- Broad inspires crushing English win
- Rain forces match into reserve day