Pakistan’s most controversial bowler, the Rawalpindi Express Shoaib Akhtar and the Pakistan’s most failed batsman Shahid Khan Afridi have taken a sigh of relief as Pakistan Cricket Board has decided to keep both players in the team, and they are here to stay till something drastic happens with the team.
This decision has been taken due to the continuous bad performance of the national team in the successive matches, and due to the weaknesses which got exposed in the Asia Cup in each and every match of the running tournament. As PCB has failed to bring in fresh and promising talent in the recent years, it has been forces to stick with the olden and expendable talent, which is almost spent.
According to the media reports, Afridi was almost out of the tournament, when coach supported him. Afridi, 28, was facing the axe after a string of poor outings with the bat. National selectors had made up their mind about axing Afridi to bring back young all-rounder Fawad Alam but changed their mind after Lawson and skipper Shoaib Malik spoke in favour of the senior player.
No matter how many chances been given to the Afridi, he is not to deliver, thats for sure.More on:Asia Cup, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Pakistan, Shahid Khan Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Sri Lanka
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, July 3rd, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Unsure Malik lacks authority »
Next Post: Gillani Supports Dr. Nasim »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Sri Lanka to take part in Canada Twenty20 tournament
- Shoaib to join Surrey on Sunday
- This side has great potential - Flintoff
- Spirit of the game has not worsened - van der Bijl
- Australia fend off Tamim to earn clean sweep
- South Africa Disappoints PCB
- Former umpire Col Egar dies at 80
- 2009 Champions League scheduled for September-October
- Ranatunga insists Sri Lanka will tour England
- Arthur concerned over fatigue and Kolpaks