Khaled Mashud, the veteran wicketkeeper, has been included in the Bangladesh team for the two-Test series against India. Allrounders Saqibul Hasan and Mehrab Hossan jnr find a place in the Test side for the first time while batsman Tushar Imran earns a recall two years after his last appearance. Mohammad Ashraful, has been named vice-captain, which follows his appointment as the same for the ODI team.
Aftab Ahmed was a surprise omission, having taken part in Bangladesh’s previous Test campaign, when they took on Australia early last year. Enamul Haque jnr takes the place of Abdur Razzak, who has been a regular at the one-day level. The series will have added significance to Mashud, who will be looking to re-establish himself in the Bangladesh side after losing his place in the ODI team to the young Mushfiqur Rahim and as a result missing the World Cup as well.
The first Test begins at Chittagong on May 18 and will be followed by the second at Mirpur starting on May 25.
Bangladesh Test squad Habibul Bashar (capt), Mohammad Ashraful, Javed Omar, Shahriar Nafees, Saqibul Hasan, Rajin Saleh, Tushar Imran, Khaled Mashud (wk), Mohammad Rafique, Enamul Haque jnr, Mashrafe Mortaza, Shahadat Hossain, Syed Rasel, Mehrab Hossain jnr.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Bangladesh, India, Khaled Mashud, Mehrab Hossan, Mohammad Ashraful, odi, Saqibul Hasan, Tushar Imran, vice captain
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, May 14th, 2007 and is filed under Cricket.
Previous Post: PCB Corruption Allegations »
Next Post: Vaughan set to miss first Test »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Sri Lanka to take part in Canada Twenty20 tournament
- Shoaib to join Surrey on Sunday
- This side has great potential - Flintoff
- Spirit of the game has not worsened - van der Bijl
- Australia fend off Tamim to earn clean sweep
- South Africa Disappoints PCB
- Former umpire Col Egar dies at 80
- 2009 Champions League scheduled for September-October
- Ranatunga insists Sri Lanka will tour England
- Arthur concerned over fatigue and Kolpaks