The three-match ODIs cricket series between Kenya and Bangladesh originally set for Nairobi later this month have been postponed by a further three weeks due to lack of sponsors, the officials said on Monday.
Cricket Kenya Chief Executive Tom Tikolo said they required about 13 million shillings (176,000 dollars) to host the Bangladeshi side, with half of the amount raised through TV rights and the rest through sponsorship or Cricket Kenya.
â€œWe donâ€™t have the money. But we are talking to a few sponsors,â€ said Tikolo. â€œWe are still discussing with them and hopeful we will reach a deal within the next two weeks.â€ The series was initially scheduled for July 19, 21 and 23.
Tikolo said Cricket Kenya had reached an agreement with the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to play the series in mid-August after Bangladesh complete their tour of Zimbabwe. However, he added the Asian side would arrive in Kenya as scheduled on July 15 to hold their training and acclimatise for the five-match series against Zimbabwe which starts in Harare on July 29.
Source:The NewsMore on:Bangladesh, Kenya
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, July 12th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Jones hopeful of return for Ashes »
Next Post: Inzamam does not impress Mushtaq much as captain »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Ease Tension Through Cricket
- Watson could return against South Africa
- South Africa regain second place
- Chennai and Mohali to host Tests
- 2011 World Cup of Cricket Moved From India
- Haddin arrives with 169 as Australia rule
- Thankfully Indian Tour is Still On
- Game Should Be Binding Them
- Miandad stresses need for coaching
- Mohali emerges as alternative venue