On July 4, during the first match of series against Netherlands at Amstelveen, Sanath Jayasuriya completed his 11,000 ODI runs when he reached 153 during his innings of 157. He thus became only the third batsman in ODI history to achieve this feat. At the age of 37 years and four days, Jayasuriya is the oldest to join this club.Â
In terms of time span Jayasuriya also took 16 years and 190 days to reach the milestone. This is easily the longest time period among the three players who have reached 11,000 runs mark. For readerâ€™s interest the accompanying tables have the complete details.
More on:Sanath Jayasuriya, Sri Lanka
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Friday, July 7th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Panel Umpires, Referee Refresher Course in July »
Next Post: ICC turns down replay appeal trial »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Miandad’s First Assignment
- India’s Reluctance to Tour Pakistan
- Miandad’s Welcome Appointment
- Sidebottom sent for back scan
- ICC fact-finding mission arrives in Zimbabwe
- India tour on schedule - PCB
- South Africa must show aggressive intent
- No change to England dates - Modi
- Symonds in a great place at the moment - Clarke
- BCCI wants Test dates changed for Champions League