Michael Vaughan has been ruled out of the first Test against India because of a recurrence of his knee injury and will fly back to England.
Andrew Flintoff is set to make his captaincy debut in the absence of Vaughan and Marcus Trescothick, who returned home after citing personal reasons. Simon Jones also had an injury scare after he fell during his follow-through at a net session.More on:Andrew Flintoff, England in India 2006, Marcus Trescothick, Michael Vaughan
Technorati Tags: Michael Vaughan, Andrew Flintoff, Marcus Trescothick, Simon Jones
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, February 27th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: An Interview of Inzamam-ul-Haq »
Next Post: Muralitharan looking forward to 100th Test »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Miandad’s Welcome Appointment
- Sidebottom sent for back scan
- ICC fact-finding mission arrives in Zimbabwe
- India tour on schedule - PCB
- South Africa must show aggressive intent
- No change to England dates - Modi
- Symonds in a great place at the moment - Clarke
- BCCI wants Test dates changed for Champions League
- Dyson slams Caribbean domestic game
- Srikkanth backs Yuvraj for Ganguly slot