The Great Wall of India has awakened from the slumber. Rahul Dravid, after winning the toss, decided to bat again but this time Inzamam XI failed to deliver their previous performance. Dravid, Sehwag, Dhoni and Yuvraj took india to 269. Shahid Afridi bowled well and Muhammad Asif was a treat to watch except the thrashing he received from Yuvraj. Rana Naveed was expensive in his first spell but mended that by a superb second spell. Rao Iftikhar, Razzak and Shoaib Malik bowled pretty ordinary deliveries.
Pakistan started good but lost the direction after couple of quick wickets. Shoaib Malik and Inzamam tried to form a partnership but Shoaib got out through an exceptionally brilliant catch by Yuvraj Singh. Younis and Yousuf played without responsibility and in the end it was Inzamam who had to take all the pressure on himself. Pakistan’s chances of winning the match stayed alive till Inzi was on the crease but after his horrible run-out, the game was lost.More on:Abu Dhabi, India, Inzamam, Mohammad Asif, Pakistan, Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh
Technorati Tags: India, Dravid, Inzamam
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, April 20th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Ponting to face questions from Cricket Australia chief over dissent »
Next Post: Afridi asked us not to select him for Kandy Test: Woolmer »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- South Africa Disappoints PCB
- Former umpire Col Egar dies at 80
- 2009 Champions League scheduled for September-October
- Ranatunga insists Sri Lanka will tour England
- Arthur concerned over fatigue and Kolpaks
- ICC set to move World Cup Qualifiers
- Disciplinary issues won’t affect Symonds’ selection
- Greg Chappell accepts Australian Academy post
- Smith won’t return until he’s 100% ready
- Walters calls for Symonds to clean up his act