The Indian and Australian cricket teams arrived here on Wednesday for the third one-day match to be played at Rajiv Gandhi Stadium here on Friday (tomorrow).
India, trailing 0-1 after the defeat in Kochi on Tuesday, will take on the world champions in what promises to be an exciting encounter on Friday. The first match at Bangalore was abandoned due to rain.
Both teams will on Thursday (today) turn out for net practice at the stadium in Uppal on the city outskirts.
The police are making tight security arrangements for the match in view of the recent bomb blasts in the city.
They have already taken control of the stadium, which will be hosting only its second One-day International so far.
Armed policemen have been deployed all around the stadium of 40,000 seating capacity. Bomb disposal and dog squads were seen checking every inch of the ground. About 10,000 policemen will be deployed on Friday as part of the elaborate security arrangements.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Australia, Australia in India 2007, India
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, October 4th, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: England likely to exclude Panesar »
Next Post: Ralwalpindi Express is a Psycho, says Team Manager »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Miandad questions rationale of ICL ban
- Changes in PCB
- PCB officials discuss India’s tour with High Commission
- Qadir appointed Pakistan’s chief selector
- Murali and Mendis rout Zimbabwe
- Southee swings New Zealand into strong position
- It could get dark by 3.30 pm - Pietersen
- India win by 16 runs in fading light
- Katich the key as wickets tumble
- Storm halts South Africa progress