The Indian and Australian teams survived a scare after their flight made an emergency landing.
The Jet Airways flight from Nagpur to Mumbai took off at 9.40 am local time but had to make a precautionary return to Nagpur ten minutes into the air after a bird hit the plane. The flight safely landed in Nagpur.
“It’s not a big issue and no one panicked as a plane being hit by a bird is a common phenomenon and the pilot decided to land again for a technical check-up,” an official said.
Emergency vehicles lined the runway for the landing but were not needed. No-one was injured. Passengers remained on board ready to resume the flight after engineers checked the right engine which hit the bird.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Australia, Australia in India 2007, India
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, October 15th, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Symonds special seals the series »
Next Post: Tuffey linked to Indian Cricket League »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Disciplinary issues won’t affect Symonds’ selection
- Greg Chappell accepts Australian Academy post
- Smith won’t return until he’s 100% ready
- Walters calls for Symonds to clean up his act
- Tri-series plans still in the air
- Lee set to return for India tour
- Pollock’s role yet to be filled - Smith
- Shoaib Akhtar Pleads with London Authorities
- Marsh guides Australia to easy win
- 4-0 to England after Cardiff washout