Pakistan have lost four big players to the Indian Cricket League (ICL) but some aren’t willing to jump ship just yet.
Leg-spinner Danish Kaneria has rejected what he called a “yummy” offer from the Essel group-promoted ICL.
Kaneria said that even the multi-million dollar offer wasn’t enough to dissuade him from playing for Pakistan.
But Kaneria’s teammate Younis Khan said that he would consider playing in the ICL if he was assured that his career as a Pakistan player will not be affected.
Another player to reject the ICL offer is former India opener Aakash Chopra who is currently playing club cricket in England. Chopra said he still had ambitions to play for India.
Meanwhile, the ICL is already losing its charm for some players.
Bengal all-rounder Laxmi Ratan Shukla, who has represented India in three One-day Internationals, has said that he is not keen to join the rebel league.
The ICL management did use the services of former India stumper and ICL Executive Board member Kiran More and Railways’ JP Yadav, who is very close to Shukla, to persuade the Bengal all-rounder but all the efforts to bring him back into their fold failed.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Danish Kaneria, icl, Pakistan, Younis Khan
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Sunday, August 26th, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: No one favourite for Twenty20 World Cup, says Lawson »
Next Post: Warne faces title blow »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Sri Lanka to take part in Canada Twenty20 tournament
- Shoaib to join Surrey on Sunday
- This side has great potential - Flintoff
- Spirit of the game has not worsened - van der Bijl
- Australia fend off Tamim to earn clean sweep
- South Africa Disappoints PCB
- Former umpire Col Egar dies at 80
- 2009 Champions League scheduled for September-October
- Ranatunga insists Sri Lanka will tour England
- Arthur concerned over fatigue and Kolpaks