Pakistan Cricket Board has leaked to media that the rebel players of ICL are coming back and pitching requests to the PCB to include them again, as India has given them cold shoulder.
Pakistan’s rebel cricketers who preferred the Indian Cricket league (ICL) over the national cause, now turn back to Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) fearing they might not be able to play in India for quite some time now. The ICL players have real fears that they may not be able to play in India for a longish period now considering the strained relations between the two neighbouring countries.
ICL, if happens sometimes in near future perhaps won’t invite the Pakistani players. The ICL players had to return back half way through their engagements in India following the Mumbai bomb blast. The ICL administrators stopped the league proceedings soon after. Pakistan players were earning heavy amounts for rendering their services to the ICL.
This is the good time for PCB to forget the past and tie up the ICL players. PCB should include all the players who were previously engaged playing the top level domestic cricket should be allowed to continue taking part in all forms of cricket nationally.More on:icl, India, Mumbai, Pakistan Cricket Board
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Sunday, December 21st, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Pietersen looks to ex-captains for advice »
Next Post: West Indies ride on Edwards’ seven strikes »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Stanford deal will continue - Collier
- Mushfiqur confident of tackling Muralitharan
- Ponting ponders Hilfenhaus or Bollinger for Melbourne
- Late wickets spoil England fightback
- West Indies ride on Edwards’ seven strikes
- ICL Cricketers Coming Home to Roost
- Pietersen looks to ex-captains for advice
- World cricket never healthier, says ICC chief
- Australia in control but South Africa refuse to fold
- Gambhir, Dravid frustrate England in second Test