IPL: Indian Premier League 2009

Hussey confident of revival in England

(269 views)

husseyMichael Hussey believes he can emerge from a lean Test run and regain the consistency that made him one of the game’s leading batsmen. Hussey will enter the Ashes without a hundred since the tour of India and an average in the mid-50s, a big drop on the mean of 84.80 he had early last year.

He struggled during the 2008-09 season but remains in a positive mood ahead of his first Test series in England. “I don’t feel I need to change anything in the way I bat,” he told the Sunday Mail. “I’m confident I can still be consistent for Australia.”

Hussey was in the one-day squad on the previous tour of England but was not called into the Test frame despite Australia’s troubles in the 2-1 loss. His Ashes debut came in 2006-07 and he scored 458 runs at 91.60.

“Test cricket has never been easy for me,” he said. “I’m still really enjoying it, I’m enjoying this period as well. Test cricket is a real challenge, it’s really tough, and I’ve learned you can’t expect it to go your way all the time. Obviously, I’ve been disappointed with my recent results in Test cricket. I haven’t been disappointed with my actual form.”

Hussey was told to rest while Australia went on the one-day tour of the UAE and is refreshed from the break. However, his schedule has been busy over the past two weeks, with a return trip to South Africa and a flight to England.
Source:Cricket News

20 Total TweetBacks: (Tweet this post)
  • en: Sometimes feel very "unusable" by God...or should i say , most of the time! 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: @Alyssa_Milano Hey! Do you like the East Coast or the West Coast better? You've lived on both and I'm curious? Thanks! You're amazing btw! 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: Not something I will conquer tonight, or in many nights most probably. Way late, work tomorrow, making my head hurt, time to sleep. 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: I need to go to Michigan or Indiana 8-| 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: Going to go read ... along for the ride or catch 22? Can't decide. 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: Home time, or as it is for me today, coffee time. 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: #nothingpersonal but I don't watch basketball, football or baseball. 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: *sigh* if you dont know who jamiroquai or lenny kravitz is, come on. i need you to be a lil open minded. any guys left that are? 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: @karar hmmm zangief.... take ken master due to "phirki thingy" and then "shahu-ken" (the upper cut).... don let him near ya or ur 07/07/09 05:14am
  • en: @BosNaud Dead ass eve sux... she wish she was foxy or kim ... reed scared of harlem rappers so he not even matching up in bk 07/07/09 05:13am
  • en: Those are links to pics of my brother's car, we have no idea how he survived or pulled himself out, it was a miracle, we couldnt believe it! 07/07/09 05:13am
  • en: @sz2design or for the people with delayed flights... 07/07/09 05:13am
  • en: @_miss_kristi_ i'm honestly not sure if we know each other or not, i just tried to find ppl from the area, so ... maybe? 07/07/09 05:13am
  • en: @bortron ive heard of bigger blowouts, but whats harder: beating a pro team 22-1 or being a pro team and losing 22-1? 07/07/09 05:13am
  • : -Auto SEO http://TrafficBoosterProV2.com 07/07/09 05:13am
  • en: 20 some years of eating boxed mac & cheese,, i guess sooner or later i had to find the one box that doesn't have any cheese sauce mix in it. 07/07/09 05:13am
  • en: @ZnaTrainer "You can MULTIPLY happiness by dividing it with others." [Or you can get really brave and take it to infinity! 07/07/09 05:13am
  • en: @CarboniteBackup I phrased that poorly. I meant do u have a way to select certain file types or extensions to be backed up. Whereever they r 07/07/09 05:13am
  • it: @sato_honya : なるほど。。二本だとCanon EF70-200mm F4L ISと24-105mm F4/L or タ 07/07/09 05:13am
  • en: i havent dont a sit up or any kinda work out in weeks yet the muscles in my abdominal area are aching bad 07/07/09 05:13am

Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook

Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.

Post Info

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 31st, 2009 and is filed under Cricket, General.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the Comments Feed. You can Leave A Comment, or A Trackback.

Previous Post: Smith hungry for world title »