Upal Tharanga and Sanath Jayasuriya crushed England to pulp. On a day, when their football heroes were also crashed out of the World Cup, it turned out to be a double trauma for the English supporters. The left-handed duo put on a 286-run stand for the opening wicket which is now the world record of highest partnership between two openers, eclipsing the previous record of 258 runs by Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar five year ago. The aforesaid partnership is also Sri Lankaâ€™s highest for any wicket in all ODIs. While it was only the second 200-plus stand conceded by England in their one-day international history. For readerâ€™s interest the accompanying tables have the complete details.
More on:england, Sanath Jayasuriya, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka in England 2006, Upal Tharanga
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, July 3rd, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Oldest ODI centurions »
Next Post: Jayawardene, Malinga top series averages »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Batting giants prepare for final onslaught
- Gayle Apologises To West Indies Fans
- Australia snatch win in final-ball thriller
- Lawson’s Future
- Zimbabwe pull out of World Twenty20
- Frustrated Watson Lashes Out
- England Remain Unchanged
- Dhoni Leads From the Front
- ODI Tons In 60 Deliveries Or Less
- Mercurial Pakistan continue to confound