At Jaipur on October 17, Sri Lanka’s total of 253 runs had no player crossing the fifty-run mark as Jayasuriya top scored with 48. This provided the only 11th instance in ODIs when a side registered 250 runs or more in an innings without a single player scoring an individual fifty. This was also the second such instance for Sri Lanka. The earlier also came against Pakistan at Karachi on August 14, 2002 when Sri Lanka made 251 for 8 as Marvan Atapattu remained the highest scorer with 42.
More on:Champions Trophy, Marvan Atapattu, Sri Lanka
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Friday, October 20th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Jayasuriya’s feat »
Next Post: Jayawardena crosses 6000 ODI runs »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Foreign Teams Now Reluctant to Go to India
- Tait hit by new injury setback
- Yuvraj primed for Test comeback
- ECB confirm West Indies visit
- Wrist complaint won’t stop Ponting
- Full-strength England head to Abu Dhabi
- Ease Tension Through Cricket
- Watson could return against South Africa
- South Africa regain second place
- Chennai and Mohali to host Tests